Thursday 3 March 2011

Headway or so I tell myself

Well it seems like ground has finally been broken on this monster of a mountain.
I have measured up my first building in a lightning fast display of laser usage. Only took me 4.5 hours to measure up 3 floors which were completely covered in fibre glass dust. My hand is still itchy!
But as builts have been started as well. Just have to edit, do my site plan, 4 external elevations, and add in my drainage. But that's next week's problem right now.


I've also been deciding on a name and so far THE DESIGN DOCK seems to be a winner, with the smaller functions having their own name, which all play on the name for boats or something harboury. Like YOT (young.original.talent) is the name of the young designers retail and workshop space. So the office will be something else, as well as the restaurant. I think its quite cute, but we'll see if it sticks.

So thats what I'm up to now, identity and thesis research. Bleh. Thesis is ok if I know what I want to say but thats sometimes the problem, not knowing how to get to the point quick enough. But i'll work on it.

At least I'm not feeling so completely aimless and lost anymore. I have weekly objectives that I'll focus on instead of the huge image of possible failure that is constantly lurking around.

Forward on I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment