Thursday 14 July 2011

Nearing the end of holidays... :(

Well the "holidays" have been rather average I would say. Not much holidaying and more working in my opinion. But i suppose thats the curse of Post-grad. So what have I been keeping myself busy with?

Well I have fixed up my thesis which is just about ready. Just have to add in the last three chapters which will happen over this semester, design chapter, product, and technical drawings.

Also been fixing up some stuff for design from the comments of the externals at portfolio. That went really well and they were impressed by the amount of work and the depth of thought in my work, so that's a really big relief! PHEW!

And now i've been working on my product design. We have to design 3 products from our space and have one made and make scale models of the other 2. So the first product i want to make is my bookshelf.

I went about town today getting quotes etc and its going to cost roughly R7500 to make (EEK!) so might have to go with product 2 or 3.
Product 2 is a coffee table found in my office

This is just the first draft of the table design so will probably change as i go.
Then product 3 is a light in my restaurant that uses products from the food industry that would otherwise be thrown away to make a unique object. So thinking of using metal tins to form a light but the shape or look of it is still pretty sketchy right now.

And so the work never stops and we just carry on doing what we're doing. Hopefully it will all be ok in the end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment